Simile Timeline Window is Blank

Steve

Simile Timeline Window is Blank

Post by Steve » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:46 pm

My timeline is blank window, so Darrin suggested some files were missing. Reinstalling the files in TNG did not resolve the problem.

Using Google->More tools->Developer tools (Ctrl+Shift+I) a 404 error was found. The additional script error is due to the the timeline window not populating correctly.

Every example on simile-widgets.org has a 404 error except Compact Painter which has a 410 errors due to missing graphics files.

The problem appears to be a bug because history.html cannot load in either version 2.3.0 or 2.3.1. There are some differences in the dates between 2.3.0 and 2.3.1 when used with TNG.

The bubble dates in timeline 2.3.0 are off by one day.

Dates are correct in version 2.3.1.

Version 2.3.1 is available on Github with a change file stating "Version pre 2.4.0". The download below contains the library files and is configured to use local resources instead of static.simile.mit.edu or api.simile-widgets.org. The files use the correct file name and path which should solve the blank screen issue. You can view version 2.3.1 on my genealogy website.

The timeline_231.zip file can be used by anyone that wants to run timeline. All files must reside in the timeline_2.3.1 folder, otherwise you could have a blank timeline window. For instructions please check simile-widgets.org. Report issues or check pull requests on Github. The simile timeline user group can be found on Google.

timeline_231.zip

TNG users should download both zip files. Extract the contents of timeline_231.zip to the TNG root folder. Then extract the contents of TNG_timeline-mod_v231.zip to the TNG mods folder. Go to Admin->Mod Manager and install timeline. When the timeline mod is installed TNG will use version 2.3.1. If the mod is uninstalled, TNG will use version 2.3.0.

Timeline 2.3.1 was tested on versions v11.1.3 and v12.0.2. (Timeline 2.3.1 does not work on TNG v10)

TNG_timeline-mod_v231.zip

Regardless of the version you use, you may see vertical overlap of events in your timeline chart. Go to Admin->Setup->Chart Settings->Timeline Chart and increase the chart height value.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.