MariaDB Password is blank

Paul Barrett

MariaDB Password is blank

Post by Paul Barrett »

Rightly or wrongly, when I setup MariaDB for my 6 wordpress instances, I did not set a root password for MariaDB.

Since the last DSM update, DSM is sending regular notifications telling me to correct this and i'm trying to figure out the implications of doing that. Will all my WP instances stop connecting to the DB?
steven

Re: MariaDB Password is blank

Post by steven »

I have not changed the Maria DB password for some time and quite a few upgrades ago. If I remember correctly changing the password did not do anything to the existing data bases. If you create a password you have to use it when you log in with phpMyAdmin. If you were to select the little red reset database button it would wipe out every database you have on your server.

Changing the Maria DB password does affect passwords for the existing databases.

Since you never added a password I'm not sure if the change password option will work. The reset password option will work if change password does not. In any case if you have hyper backup installed I would run that first. I have used it multiple times and never lost one piece of data.
Paul Barrett

Re: MariaDB Password is blank

Post by Paul Barrett »

Thanks

You were absolutely right. Password changed - no impact