Photos not showing on charts

Paul Barrett

Photos not showing on charts

Post by Paul Barrett »

I have a baffling problem

On the live TNG site on the Berkshire FHS DS1821+ peoples' images don't show. They are marked as default photos so they should but they don't.

Meanwhile, on the staging server they work!

This morning, out of frustration, I copied off all config and css files, copied all the folders from staging over live and then replaced the config and css files. That worked. The images showed.

Since then I've worked exclusively on editing people and place data i.e. I've not touched the setup. But now, the images aren't showing again. I repeated the overwrite process and they STILL don't show. The only comment to make at this point is WTF?!

Got any ideas Steve?

Paul

PS It's a private site but I can PM you credentials

https://yourtrees.berkshs.org
steven

Re: Photos not showing on charts

Post by steven »

Log in to the admin control panel. Select media then select the photo collection and click search.

It is important a thumbnail image was created when the photo was added to the folder. If the thumbnails are not present there is nothing to show. You can generate thumbnails by going to the admin control panel and selecting media. Then select the Thumbnails tab. There you will see options to Regenerate existing thumbnails and Regenerate thumbnail path names where file does not exist.

Pick a photo, that's not displaying, and click the edit button (far left icon). Scroll down to the Thumbnail Image File section and make sure there is an entry in the File name on site line. Then scroll down to the Media Links section and make sure the show box is checked. Check the default photo box if you want it to show as an icon on that person's page.

Please let me know if this solves your issue.
Paul Barrett

Post by Paul Barrett »

All of tat checks out. Darrin's on the case now
Paul Barrett

Post by Paul Barrett »

I found teh reason. There's a setting in setup > media "Separate media in tree folders (Y/N)". If you flip that AFTER media has neem associated to a person, it breaks the link to the chart. I've told Darrin.
steven

Post by steven »

Great, thanks for sharing what you found. When you changed the setting, did you also click the convert button?
Paul Barrett

Post by Paul Barrett »

Yes I did and consequent the moving of the images is what breaks that link on the charts.