Error cURL 28 in Site Health Wordpress

Raimosimo

Error cURL 28 in Site Health Wordpress

Post by Raimosimo »

Hello,

I am grateful for the help Steve does for all of us who want to have our synology websites. Thanks!

I have followed the instructions and got my wordpress website to work!

But in my Wordpress 5.7 installation with PHP 7.4. In the "Site Health" section I see the following 3 critical errors:

1. The REST API has encountered an error.

The REST API is a way that WordPress and other applications communicate with the server. An example is the block editor screen, which relies on this to display and save your posts and pages.

The request to the REST API failed due to an error.
Error: cURL error 28: connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds (http_request_failed)

2. Your site was unable to make a loopback request.

Loopback requests are used to execute scheduled events and are also used by the built-in theme and plugin editor to verify code stability.

The loopback request to your site has failed. This means that the functions that depend on it will not work correctly.
Error: cURL error 28: connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds (http_request_failed)

3. There are problems with the HTTPS connection of your website.

Your WordPress address is configured to use HTTPS, but your website appears to be unavailable when using an HTTPS connection.

I would like to know if the same thing happens to someone else and how can these errors be fixed in Synology?

Thanks
steven

Re: Error cURL 28 in Site Health Wordpress

Post by steven »

I have not experienced this error so I'm not sure this will help. When running WordPress, the curl module should be enabled in the PHP configuration. You can check this by going to web station, select PHP settings, select the profile you are using and then click the edit button. Scroll down and make sure curl is checked. Additionally I would check the openssl module as well. Typically the default Synology install enables the required modules for basic website operation.

You can also checkout the wpbeginner website for help on this topic.
Raimosimo

Post by Raimosimo »

Thanks for your answer Steve.

I have checked and activated the two modules you mention curl and openssl.

I read the link that you have recommended to wpbeginner and discarding what they comment:

I recently installed Wordpress, therefore it does not have a plugin (delete Hello Dolly and those that are installed with wordpress) Therefore, I do not think this is the problem.

then the dns server issue, I have nas configured with cloudflair dns 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1
Could you clarify for me if this is what they refer to with a dns server?

I checked the php versions and I'm using php 7.4 and curl - openssl are not the latest, can I update this in Synology?

I'm a newbie!
steven

Post by steven »

then the dns server issue, I have nas configured with cloudflair dns 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1
Could you clarify for me if this is what they refer to with a dns server?
DNS is the Domain Name System. All websites have a domain name and one or more IP addresses. DNS servers link domain names to specific IP addresses. If it were not for DNS servers you would have to type in the IP address along with all the extra code to get to any website page. If a DNS server is faulty you cannot connect to the website. If your website DNS is not configured correctly you can get errors and timeouts as the DNS server tries to connect to the correct IP address. If you are not on a static IP address you should be using a DDNS provider. DDNS is Dynamic Domain Name Service. These companies update the DNS servers should your IP address change. Dynamic IP addresses often change due to power failures, rebooting the modem, ISP updates etc.

I use a Synology RT2600AC router so my NAS LAN 1 connection uses DHCP. This means it gets the network configuration automatically from the router. The router is set to use the Google DNS servers so the primary DNS address is 8.8.8.8 and the secondary address is 8.8.4.4. Note this DNS address is not the same as the DDNS service IP address.
I checked the php versions and I'm using php 7.4 and curl - openssl are not the latest, can I update this in Synology?
I usually wait for the Synology update. You can do it manually but you better know exactly what you're doing, otherwise you can end up with a mess. Synology does a lot to protect your server, so their folder structure does not always match a standard Linux install. At any rate I don't think that is causing your issue.